The European Commission has published the Scoping Paper for Science with and for Society (SWAFS) 2018-2020 Work Programme.
The paper was developed following consideration of the Expert Advisory Group Recommendations on 2018-20 SWAFS Work Programme and contributions from the SWAFS open public consultation. It identifies five priority areas to be translated into specific calls:
- Accelerating and catalysing processes of institutional change;
- Stepping up the support to Gender Equality in Research & Innovation policy;
- Building the regional dimension of SWAFS partnerships;
- Exploring and supporting citizen science;
- Building the knowledge base for SWAFS.
The scoping papers are working documents not formally endorsed by the Commission, the adoption and publication of the 2018-2020 work programme is expected in October 2017.