The report from the European Commission's Advisory Group for Societal Challenge 5 'Climate Action, Environment, Resource Efficiency and Raw Materials', which contains recommendations for the 2018-2020 Horizon 2020 Work Programme, has been published. The report details the five strategic priorities that the Advisory Group has identified as requiring action in the next SC5 Work Programme:
- Strategic Priority 1: Climate action after COP21
- Strategic Priority 2: Circular economy
- Strategic Priority 3: Innovative and resilient cities and rural areas
- Strategic Priority 4: The water-food-and-energy nexus
- Strategic Priority 5: Enabling systemic transformation
This report, along with the report from the stakeholder consultation on SC5, a gap analysis, and discussions with the SC5 Programme Committee, will form the basis of a scoping paper and then the 2018-2020 Work Programme. The first drafts of the Work Programme will be discussed by the Programme Committee for SC5 in the first quarter of 2017.