The EU Joint Programme on Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) is inviting proposals from multi-national research teams to increase understanding of the factors that contribute to the quality and delivery of health and social care for neurodegenerative diseases.
The aim of the call, which is open to applicants in 20 countries, is to establish a number of ambitious, innovative and multi-disciplinary collaborative projects that address health and social care at both the macro level of systems and infrastructures and the individual level of patients, carers and families.
The total made available for this call is 21 million euros (from all participating countries). Under this call, each country funds their own national participants in successful collaborative proposals, according to their national budget allocation.
Participating JPND countries
The funding organisations that have agreed to participate in this joint call are listed below. The call will be conducted simultaneously by the funding organisations in their respective countries and coordinated centrally by the Joint Call Secretariat.
- Australia, National Health and Medical Research Council
- Belgium, Research Foundation Flanders
- Canada, Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Czech Republic, Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports
- Denmark, Innovation Fund Denmark
- Denmark, Velux Fonden
- Finland, Academy of Finland
- France, French National Research Agency
- Germany, Federal Ministry of Education and Research
- Ireland, Health Research Board
- Italy, Ministry of Health
- Luxembourg, National Research Fund
- Netherlands, The Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Development
- Norway, The Research Council of Norway
- Poland, National Centre for Research and Development
- Slovakia, Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic
- Spain, National Institute of Health Carlos III
- Sweden, Swedish Research Council for Health, Working Life and Welfare
- Switzerland, Swiss National Science Foundation
- Turkey, Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey
- United Kingdom, UK Alzheimer’s Society
Pre-proposals must be submitted no later than 23:59h C.E.T. on March 6, 2018, via the electronic submission tool.