The Horizon 2020 Expert Advisory Group on Energy (AGE) has prepared a report setting out what it thinks the priorities should be for the 2018-2020 Work Programme for Societal Challenge 3: Secure, Clean and Efficient Energy.
It includes recommendations in the following research priority areas:
- Being No. 1 in Renewables;
- Transition towards a Smart Secure EU Energy System with the consumer at the centre;
- The important role of cities;
- Energy Efficiency;
- Influencing market uptake of sustainable energy solutions;
- Sustainable Transportation;
- Science supporting policy through system level modelling;
- Being competitive in a global market; and
- Gender & Diversity Aspects.
The report also contains advice on cross-cutting issues, such as social sciences and humanities, digitalisation and open innovation. The report will be considered at the Societal Challenge 3 Programme Committee meeting later this year; this discussion will then, along with the report, form the basis of a first draft of the next Work Programme. This first draft will then be subject to discussion at Programme Committee meetings in the first quarter of 2017.
The report will soon be made available on the AGE website under the 'Additional information tab'.