As with all research projects, careful consideration should be given to Intellectual Property at all stages – application, implementation and post project - where results and outcomes need protecting.
Much of Horizon 2020 is business oriented with emphasis on turning research outcomes and technological developments into value-creating products and services. In this context, proper IP management is crucial.
- Comprehensive guidance on IP in Horizon 2020 is provided by the European IPR Helpdesk through a series of factsheets on the management of IP throughout the life-cycle of a project. These factsheets can be accessed here.
- If you have general IP questions at application stage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For specific FP7/Horizon2020-related IP rights management questions, please contact the IP Management team
- To identify, protect and market technologies arising from FP7/Horizon 2020 research, through licensing, spin-out company formation, and material sales, please contact Oxford University Innovation Limited (email: email@example.com ).
- For support with arranging consultancy services to external organizations, please contact Consulting Services at Oxford University Innovation (email: firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Wholly owned by the University of Oxford, Oxford University Innovation (OUI) Limited supports Oxford’s researchers, staff and students by offering commercial skills and a range of specialist resources in order to maximise research impact. OUI manages the University’s technology transfer and consulting activities.
The Licensing & Ventures team assists researchers to commercialise their IP with licensing and spinout formation, and liaises with technology seekers, investors, and other external parties.
Consulting Services support researchers undertaking consultancies.
Members and ex-members of the University who are looking to start or grow entrepreneur-driven ventures that are not University spinouts can apply for support through the Startup Incubator.
Oxford University Innovation has its own website.
Updated 15 December 2017